I've so looked forward to saying those words. And now that the moment has arrived, it feels a little bittersweet. Something akin to watching as your child walks through the doors of the big schoolhouse for the first time.
You know in your heart there’s still a lot of road to travel, a lot of shaping and growing to happen before your job is done. Yet, there’s a sense of loss, things won’t be quite the same after today.
Huh. That might not be the best analogy. It occurs to me that I still have a lot of diapers to change before this baby is ready to be sent out on its own.
I think I’ll let it rest for a while and catch up on some fun stuff. Like cleaning my house perhaps or searching for my sidebar…
Yay! You finished! I knew you could do it. And I'm glad your side bar is back. :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats on finishing! And I kind of like the diaper changing process, but only in the terms of writing. :D
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!!! So happy for you :) Take a break before you start edits, even if only for an hour. You've earned it!
ReplyDeleteI see you found your sidebar, madame. Hear, hear!
Congrats! Isn't finishing that first draft such a great feeling?
ReplyDeleteWell done you! What a busy lady you have been.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you hit your goal day too. That just makes it a couple degrees more fabulous that you finished, but it's still way more cool that you finished!
Oh wow. What a great feeling, eh? Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Is there any better feeling than typing the words "The End?"
ReplyDeleteThat does sound great. Wonderful accomplishment, isn't it? Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI can hear the sigh of relief in your post! Imagine!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone :)
ReplyDeleteIt feels great to have reached this point, one step down. And on we go...
Yahoo, yahoo, yahoo! *jumping up and down while saying that* (No, seriously, I just freaked the cat out.)
ReplyDeleteMucho congrats, Deb. I'm very, very proud of you - you finished your wip AND on time. Wowsers!
And I totally understand the bittersweet notion. I worked so long and so hard on mine that it felt sort of anti-climactic when I finished... especially since I realize now that I'm so far from being finished. What I wouldn't give for the pre-revision days. Sigh.
Wow! That's awesome! I love the feeling when I write "the end". Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteLaura-Thanks and give Ruby a nice hug from me! I have a long way to go too before I'm finished--we'll get there!
ReplyDeleteJennifer-Thanks! And lol, I don't think I actually wrote the words "the end". I certainly felt them :)
Woo-hoo! Congrats! That's a HUGE accomplishment! Party at D.L.'s! I'll bring the chocolate! Hee! Okay, we can only have a virtual party, but that doesn't mean we can't buy chocolate.
ReplyDeleteDawn-You know the way of the warrior scribe. I must confess that I celebrated with a wee bit of the wonderous chocolate today :) Glad you could join me. Thanks!
ReplyDelete