Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WiP Update and Rose & Thorn

WiP Update

Big things to report this week. Okay, that's just not true. I have thought about my revision and I did manage to blow up my big screen monitor and my good computer.  As excuses go that's not too bad, eh? I've started laying out my plan of attack for revisions so that will be happening soon.

I also learned that The Blue Screen of Death is a bad thing. Do you know what other screen is bad? I'll tell you--it's the Welcome one that asks you to enter the password, to get into the computer, that you haven't touched in months...


Rose and Thorn Journal

Congratulations to Kathryn Magendie (Tender Graces) and Angie Ledbetter (Gumbo Writer). The new website for Rose & Thorn Journal goes live tomorrow--Thursday, October 15, 2009.

Good luck Kat and Angie!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate the password thing. The reason why I only have a hard copy of the novel I wrote in high school is because I password locked the disk so well that I can't remember what it is. I spent forever one night trying every name of every boy I crushed on in high school, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your computer woes get worked out soon :(

    Yay for plans of attack, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni- Sorry--that made me laugh. *still laughing* It's so bad isn't it when you think about it. Cause who really even cares what we have that we think we have to lock up. *still laughing* Sorry :D

    LT-Almost ready to storm the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you all make me laugh. I love this post. And more than once I've had to abandon hope of ever getting back into something because I can't remember the password.

    Roni, that would so be me, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passwords cause me much stress. I've lost access to so many things because of them. I learned a while back to use the same one for everything. I tend not to forget anymore. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to be a little too smart when it comes to my passwords. I think that it will be a more powerful password if I pick a not so obvious words or numbers that are slightly off from any numbers that mean anything to me. Well, I always succeed in coming up with powerful passwords. Too bad they are so powerful even I can't remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a scare like that this last week, when I thought I had the Black Screen of Death. Nearly gave me a panic attack! But my hubby, Jack of All Trades, brought the think back to life.

    Good luck on your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are at least a dozen passwords that range from work to personal- it brutal to remember!

    Praying your revisions go well.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to check out their new site! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get the blue screen at work sometimes -- I work in tech support. It's not much fun when it's someone else's computer and I have to fix it, but it's sure better than seeing it on MY computer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie (NWA):) It's definitely frustrating!

    Susan-I have a couple now that I use frequently but still way too many other ones.

    Alissa-It's amazing how we can outsmart even ourselves :)

    Janna-Thank goodness for the cavalry!

    Shelli-Thanks!

    Tamika-Absolutely brutal!

    Anita-Check it out!

    Stephanie F-You're lucky you have the skills! I'm electronically challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm such a Luddite when it comes to computers -- honestly, I'd use it as a glorified typewriter if this mac weren't smart enough to coax me through it. I saw that you love the country, and we live in the country too -- run a wild mustang sanctuary (wingspur.org) and I'm a writer, so thought to check you out.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, the passwords. I can never, ever, ever remember those. And they are always a variation of the same thing. But impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Wonder Wye-Thanks for stopping by--I'll pop over to your sites--love the wild horses! I saw some in the Alberta foothills back in the 80's and have often wondered what became of them.

    Lori-Yes, VERY annoying, yet necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Passwords up the ass, that describes using computers these days. I follow your meaning.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete