Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Google Game

I'm playing along with Stephanie Faris's group blog thursday. Check it out at Steph in the City.

For Group Blog Thursday, we're playing the Google game. The rule is, you take these ten things (posted neatly at the bottom of this blog for those who want to participate) and go to Google, do a search of images, and post the best image you see on the first page of images for these ten things:

1. Your Favorite beverage: Canada's national coffee--thought I'd go patriotic here :)



2. Your hometown: I've lived in a lot of towns--this is Port Alberni, B.C., Salmon Capitol of the World!



3. Your favorite TV show: Canadian made Corner Gas for a good laugh. I don't watch TV or have cable but we do borrow from the library.



4. Your Occupation/You are in school for: Okay, I couldn't resist this one :) Kathleen Turner as romance novelist Joan Wilder.



5. Your first car: 1979 Datsun 310 GX



6. Your favorite dish: I love Italian food!



7. Celebrity you've been told to resemble: Can't think of one but there was a time when I was likened to Goldie Hawn in Overboard. City girl adapting to country life. lol



8. Celebrity on your "to do" list: I watched Australia this week and Hugh Jackman reminded me of the cowpoke so think I'll go with him :)



9. Favorite Childhood toy: I can't think of anything I liked better than my books!



10. Any Random picture: This amused me. I wonder if poor Diane can laugh about it yet?


17 comments:

  1. Ahhh, didn't Kathleen Turner make being a romance novelist seem SO glamorous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the correction to the prostitution arrest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Thanks for sharing...I might just have to check out Steph in the City...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with Hugh Jackman and I can't tell you how much I cried when I watched Australia!

    And poor Diane! What a mistake to have to live down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that artilce clipping. That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie-She did--fun movie!

    LT- :)

    Alissa-It cracked me up,I hope she had a really good sense of humor. Thanks for stopping by!

    Stacey-Check it out!

    Karen-I know it had its heartwrenching moments. Thanks for stoppin' by!

    Susan-Haha! There I did it. I called you Susan :) It looks good, nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just reminded me about Romancing the Stone. Everything about the movie was fun. The only movie I think where Michael Douglas looks half appealing.

    The news clipping is just priceless. I guess it depends on how small a town she came from as to how she fared!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare-I'll have to agree with your opinion on Michael Douglas :)

    I think the clipping looks like something that would be printed in a small town paper...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is way too much effort for a slacker like me :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Diane, still just a girl on the wrong side of the tracks...

    Peace - Rene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bane-Awww come on--inquiring minds want to know :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Love your pics and explanatory blurbs.

    And that new header pic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That random picture was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janna-It was fun! Glad you like the new header, the new layout is starting to feel a little more like me..

    Luigi-I can't read it without laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool bloggy game! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete