Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rhubarb Crisp

Mix first five ingredients together until crumbly.
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup quick cooking rolled oats
½ cup melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
Press half of the mixture into a buttered 8” square baking dish.

Spread 4 cups sliced rhubarb over crust.

In a saucepan combine:
1 cup white sugar
2 tbsps cornstarch
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
Cook together until clear, then pour over rhubarb.
Top rhubarb with remaining crumb mixture.
Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes.

I would love to take credit for this yummy recipe but to give credit where credit is due--and so you can print it out--here's the link: Rhubarb Crisp

B.J. Anderson - Hope you enjoy the crisp!

This post has nothing to do with writing. Or does it?

9 comments:

  1. Will write it down later. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!! Hope someone likes this as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that sounds too good. I may have to break down and do some cooking! Thanks for sharing. And I love the new, blue background by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lazy Writer: Glad to hear you like the new background! I wasn't sure about it--I was sure I didn't like my old one though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see...well, if we eat well we feel good and if we feel good we write more... So yes, it has to do with writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love rhubarb, and grow it too. Thanks for the recipe!

    I'm of the mind that everything is writing material. You just never know when it might find its way into your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crisps and cobblers my favorite though is peach.

    I just take a couple cups of bisquick, mix in two eggs, a cup of sugar and two cans of peaches. Sprinkle brown sugar and butter over the top and bake at 350 for about a half hour.

    Yummy!!! Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew! Blogger is back on. I thought something was wrong with my computer for a while there.

    Stephanie Faris-Good answer!

    Eileen Astels Watson-Hope you like the rhubarb crisp! And yes I agree, everything is grist for the writing mill.

    Although we may have to change the names to protect the innocent. lol

    Kim Kasch-That sounds really good too--I love peaches!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete