Monday, August 10, 2009

Installing WiP Progress Bars

I have new WiP progress bars--and I'm very excited!

If you're interested in putting some up on your site I found a site with the html and straight forward instructions. I recommend scrolling down to the section that says "New Blogger" Installation Instructions and going from there.

http://www.licketyknit.com/progressbars.html

Good luck!

16 comments:

  1. I've thought about doing that, but didn't know how. And I'm not sure I want everyone to see how little writing I'm getting done! :) But maybe it would motivate me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are also some here, although the instructions aren't geared for Blogger so you have to go into Layout, then add an HTML element:

    http://www.writertopia.com/toolbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like Susan. I've thought about it, but I'm not sure I want that accountability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave woman! I think the bars are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LW-I need the motivation! My three month timeframe for my draft is rapidly shrinking.

    Stephanie-Thanks for the alternate! I picked the one from the knitters site because I thought - hey I haven't been able to do it any other way--maybe I can knit one.

    Heather-I'm not entirely sure I do either so if they disappear one day...

    Suzanne-Brave or crazy. I like the concept of the bars--yeah they are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just about blew every last brain cell trying to figure out how to put that into my blog.

    I wish there were a gadget for it that you could input the number of words you have and the number you're aiming for instead of having to actually figure out where to put the stupid numbers in the code.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a link to html color codes if you want to change from the red color.

    HTML Color Codes

    ReplyDelete
  8. NWA-Glad you got it onto your site. I agree it could be better but it's a start anyway...

    Thanks for posting the link, that was one thing I wanted to change. You must have 'red' my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL

    The link was easier than the first method I was trying for getting you the color codes.

    That red was pretty glaring. The green goes so much better with your blog's template.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does look like a possible good motivation tool. I am also thinking that maybe it will just depress me when I am not writing enough (like for the past year!). I'm still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NWA-Thanks for saving me some time--much appreciated! I think my blood pressure was going up everytime I looked at those red lines. lol

    Lori-I'm hoping the progress bars will motivate me. I try not to stress too much when I'm not writing--there's a lot more to life than the words we put on paper--we can only do what we can do. Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tips!! :D I thought about doing this, but I'm still undecided. At least I know how to now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wondered how those things showed up on writer's blogs! now I know.... !

    ReplyDelete
  14. B.J.-You're welcome! Knowing how to do things at least gives us the choice. I figure I can always remove them if they don't work for me:)

    Kathryn-Wonder no more :) I just love your new dog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're welcome FictionGroupie! If you decide to install the progress bars--Novice Writer Anonymous has linked a great html colour chart here.

    ReplyDelete