Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Need a Good Laugh


There seems to be a bit of a funk floating over some sectors of the blogisphere these days. My intent was to keep my posts either light or informative, preferably both. I've strayed somewhat lately, and I'm in need of a good belly laugh--or ten.

Everyone has probably seen this funny before but whenever I need a laugh I pull it up.

Remember the J.C. Penney catalogue one? It came to me in an e-mail a while back and I seriously can't look at it without cracking up. I Googled to find the original source and here it is at Johnny Virgil's 15 Minute Lunch.

If you've seen it before--trust me--it's still funny. And if you have any good laughs or fun sites you want to share--please bring them on!
Edit: I just took a better look at the link and it's not quite as 'clean' - language wise - as the e-mail was... depending on your taste you may not want to check it out.

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha! My dad actually sent me this post via email back in November 2007, and it was just as hilarious then as it is today (and, incidentally, the dirty words don't bother me at all - they make the unbelievable pictures even funnier)...

    In honor of my dad, here's another joke-type email he sent me in May 2008. Perhaps you've seen it before. If not, I'm sure the Canadian in you will appreciate it:

    God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh day.

    He inquired, "Where have you been?"

    God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

    Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

    "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place to test Balance."

    "Balance?" inquired Michael, "I'm still confused."

    God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor. Over here, I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people. Balance in all things."

    God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

    The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and said, "What's that one?"

    "That's Washington State, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful mountains, rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills, and plains. The people from Washington State are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats, carriers of peace, and producers of software."

    Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, "But what about balance, God? You said there would be balance.

    God smiled as he said, "There is another Washington. Wait till you see the idiots I put there."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to tell you earlier, D.L., that, for being such an awesome commenter on my and other folks' blogs, I decided to honor you with the "You Don't Say? Super Comments Award"! Thanks for making such meaningful contributions to my fledgling blog. Come pick up the award when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go check it out. I don't remember seeing a JCPenney funny before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura-Thanks for the laugh! lol I like that it was from your dad, it's exactly the sort of thing mine used to send me.

    And oh wow! Thank you and you're welcome and congrats to you on the award. You definitely deserve the super comments award. I'll be over.

    Stephanie-Hope you got a chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely have to check it out now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a laugh, so I'm going to check it out now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will check it out.

    I don't mind foul language. I married a potty mouth so I'm used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everyone who checked it out had a laugh!

    Upon reflection I don't know if it was necessary to put the foul language warning up--I mean I think most of us have read Stephen King's On Writing...

    I worry about offending people--directly or indirectly--sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That funk hanging over us news . . .
    Is just that end of summertime blues :(

    I hate to see those days of sun and swimming come to an end:(
    But maybe that means more time to spend with my new cyberfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim-I think you're right. I'm looking forward to having that extra writing time but bemoaning the loss of summer--mostly because I still have a huge good weather to-do list hanging over my head.. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - what a coincidence that I stumbled on this the other day while doing a search for something in my novel! *LAUGHING* -- just cracks me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathryn--I love stumbling upon fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete