Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Year in Pictorial Review

The last day of the year, the last day of the decade, for all intents and purposes a day like any other, yet...

Here's where I was going to do a lovely reflective post, oozing with meaningful profundities, a few drops of wisdom born of 2009's new found knowledge and experience, (ha!) and, erm, a wee dollop of whimsy...

Unfortunetly, the pretty words aren't flowing today. Unlike my nose, but that of course doesn't bare discussing in polite company. Also, I sure wouldn't want you to think that I was attempting to milk any more sympathy out of this pathetic little cold I have...

So, here it is - 2009 A Pictorial Review:


Ah yes, the year began, somewhat predictably--in the season of WINTER.



CALVING season began in February.

Huh. I've run into a bit of a glitch. We switched to a new computer in the spring - the one that crashed in the fall - so I'll have to scrounge around the blog or my e-mail for more pictures. (I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that I still have those!)



This is a bit of a stretch, but it is my garden and I did plant it in the SPRING.

It must be my lucky day because one of my daughter-in-laws just e-mailed me some pictures from 2009.



We had a gathering at this cabin at Eagan Lake during the SUMMER.

Here's the lake:




This is our 'backyard' in August during FIRE SEASON.



FALL is harvest season!
 


And here we are this morning in the 'backyard', right back where we started - in the season of WINTER.

"At Christmas I no more desire a rose
Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth;
But like of each thing that in season grows."
~Shakespeare

Happy New Year!

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Deb! I love the picture from August in fire season. It's beautiful. Wishing you the best in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Susan and all the best to you in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures and the year they portray. Happy New Year! I hope your cold is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb- Thanks and I am starting to feel better. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Hope you kick off that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, you've had a beautiful year! Each picture was truly sigh worthy.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! The lake looks beautiful. And calves! Cute!

    I'll give you more sympathy for your cold. My kids have one, too. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alissa- Thanks! I like the lake shots that my daughter-in-law took.

    Tamika- Glad you enjoyed!

    Dawn- I love seeing the new calves in their little ear warmers :)

    Ahhh, hope your kids feel better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed seeing your year in review and looking to get to know you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yolanda- Thanks for stopping by and glad you enjoyed! Looking forward to the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My! You are living my country dream. I will enjoy stopping by and living vicariously through you. Enjoy the scenery for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa- Welcome and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete