Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Grey Goose Chase


Last year I received a Vodka Set for Christmas. I suspect it was a re-gift. I considered passing it along, but couldn't decide who to give it to, or more importantly...why.

You see, the concept and purpose of the Vodka Set completely escaped me. 

I imagined myself stuffing a slender wedge of lime into one of those teeny weeny little glasses, perhaps even some crushed ice. Conceivably - I may have also managed to dribble a few drops of vodka in as well.

But then what? Hellooo! No room for tonic water. My thirst for knowledge, remained unquenched.

Then one day, I received an e-mail extolling the amazing properties of vodka. Apparently, vodka is akin to the 8th Wonder of the World, the consummate all-purpose home product. Who knew? (Well, you know, I suspect that Martha may have…)

I felt a glimmer of hope, I could create a theme basket incorporating the Vodka Set.  According to the list of uses for vodka, the possibilities appeared endless. 



Who wouldn't appreciate a gift such as that? Or these:









All sorts of scenerios run through my mind when I think about this one.

Great gift ideas, eh. Only one problem, still no way to incorporate, or even quantify the existence of the six teeny weeny little glasses. *sigh* Back to square one.

In a fractious moment of self-defeat, I broke down and googled. “What is the purpose of a Vodka Set?”

Apparently, the idea is to chill vodka in the decanter and then serve it up in the teeny weeny little glasses.

“Hey y’all, put down those beers and come grab yourselves one of these teeny weeny little glasses of straight up vodka. Ah come on. I made it up special in The Vodka Set. It’s chilled!” I don't think that goose is going to fly.

I tried incorporating the Vodka Set  into my holiday decorating... 




Ew. No, that's not it.

Anyone have a match?


Ah, there we go!



I can't wait to see what adventures lurk await beneath my tree this year.

Happy Holidays one and all!

18 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha! I am still giggling. You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny. :) I agree with L.T. Host--very creative, Deb. If you can decorate with a vodka set, maybe you can help me find uses for items around here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, that's hilarious. And who is spending the money to soak their feet in vodka? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a riot Deb!

    Merry Christmas! May God continue to bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the candles do look very pretty in there. Merry Christmas Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post -- funny, informative, and creative. Happy Holidays, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would also enjoy this link to an article about a local news item Grey Goose getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is too funny! Great use of an odd gift!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sometimes overthink my gift-giving, but I've actually passed on giving certain alcohol related gifts before, because I didn't want my recipient to think I had identified them as a lush. I'm sure whoever gave you that vodka set was thinking no such thing. They probably just wanted to get rid of it. Good thing you're creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to come back to tell you how much I love seeing the dog with the antlers--here and in your comments elsewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant! However, I'm convinced that a significant proportion of the world's carpetbound vomit stains are the result of vodka consumption.

    Merry Christmas.

    trustyourtechnolust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I could use a tightening of the pores...

    Lovely photo with those candles! So warm and bright, you did great throwing that together.

    Merry Christmas, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. L.T. - Giggling is good! teehee

    Dawn - Bring on the stuff, where there's a will, there's a candle holder!

    And thanks, he's a good sport. I did have an MSN message from my brother in law saying that it was "just wrong". haha!


    Roni - I have a theory, re: LarryG's link :)

    Tamika - Thanks and you as well. Have a Merry Christmas!

    Angie - They light up my life :) Merry Christmas!

    Bane - I'm a born educator :D BTW, yesterday I overheard one woman telling another a story, she actually used the word "chortled"... Happy Holidays!

    LarryG - I love the link, haha! That guy must have a severe problem with Athlete's Foot!

    Tabitha - Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas in your new home!

    Alissa - I tend to overthink the gift's I give as well. And haha, definitely have to think about the alcohol related ones :)

    Techno - LOL, I suspect you may be on to something there!

    Janna - Hehe! Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny! I love your last solution - the set makes a great candle holder. Have a wonderful holiday season, with or without Gray Geese.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Tidings to you and your kin!
    :)

    "God bless us every one!" ~ Tiny Tim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deb- All the best to you and yours! Enjoy the holidays!

    LarryG- Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol, those are some really creative ideas. :D And it's kind of scary that we drink something that can be used as all those other things. Like carpet cleaner. Yikes! And I about laughed myself silly with the whole, "put down those beers and come grab yourselves one of these teeny weeny little glasses of straight up vodka." Thanks for making the season bright.

    ReplyDelete