Thursday, December 17, 2009

'Tis The Season

I give up.

In one week it shall be the Eve of Christmas. Thereby and therefore, there shall be no writing, revising, nor any other such writerly pursuits betwixt now and the New Year. 

Edit: I'll still be blogging :)

Allow me to share with you my most favouritist holiday decoration:







Not that I worry about such things, but wouldn't you say that Santa's rosy pink cheeks save this loverly ornament from clashing with the flowery curtains?

There's simply no end to the versatility of this particular decoration. As the season approaches it warms my heart with it's cheery HoHoHo message.

Come Boxing Day, when the blessed occasion has come and gone, it serves as a wee bit of a reminder that we may have perhaps over indulged. Oh, Oh, Oh.





And then the ultimate reality sets in:




But lets not think about all that yet.

As our loverly Babe Bennett would say:



I'm just goofin' around, that's all.

Do you have a favourite Christmas decoration?

18 comments:

  1. I love the multiple meanings of this ornament. I'm guessing the designer didn't even realize it! I don't have anything quite so appropriate. Most of my personal ornaments are in storage right now, which is a shame because I don't feel a Christmas tree can be truly complete without at least one ornament with Santa riding a flamingo, but, alas, my parents don't have a single one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! You're a hoot, Deb.

    Merry Christmas to you and your dude. Have a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hysterically funny! I have a wood engraving that says 'peace on earth' which my father made when I was small. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, in certain situations, it can be used as a tourniquet or garrote ;)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all my decorations. I have a ton, but I only put out the ones that I truly love. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, great decoration :)

    Does "no writerly" pursuits include blogging?

    If so, Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day, if not, well, still Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day, I'll just see you around the blogosphere in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. quixotic- Happy Holidays Katie!

    Alissa- That's the pits that you can't see your santa riding flamingo this year, there are certain favourites that we just shouldn't be without at this time of year :)

    Janna- Glad you enjoyed! And many holiday blessings to you and yours as well.

    Angie- I love the memories invoked by the homemade decorations, so much a part of the tradition.

    Bane- LMAO! I bet the holidays are fun at your house Bane. :D

    Susan- I've moved too much over the years to keep a huge collection but there are those that I wouldn't want to part with.

    L.T.- Blogging is not included in the "no writerly pursuits" :)

    I'm itching to get back into my revisions but I'm finding that there's too much to do right now to give it the focus it requires.

    So yah, I'll still be around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my collection of Christams tree ornaments. I've collected ornaments since I was a kid and have them all. I also love the ones we add each year, especially the ones my children make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather- The ornaments the kids have made over the years are ones that I'll always treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny - that may be the most versatile ornament I've ever seen.

    I collect Santa and Mrs. things that make me so happy every year when I unpack them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have two wooden ones, One is of an angel and the other is of dear old saint Nick both as so beautiful and look to be old fashion in style.

    Your HOHOHO is amazing did you make it?

    Happy Christmas,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb- I have a few Santas that I love, my favourite is a musical morning after one - Santa is sitting back, soaking his feet.

    Jarmara- I'm also a fan of all things wooden/antique-y. Your ornaments sound lovely.
    And no, I can't take credit for making the HOHOHO!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb you are a delight!

    My favorite Christmas decoration is the tree, a center of light and wonder for our home.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute! i enjoyed this playful post immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love holly...although I have none! That HoHoHo thingy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was so much fun to read. Thank you for a whimsical post. ~ Yaya
    Yaya's Home

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tamika- The tree is definitely the centrepiece from which all the holiday magic shines forth.

    LarryG- Welcome! Glad you enjoyed!

    Stephanie- It always amuses me - love your Santa hat!!

    Yaya- Welcome! Tis the season to be whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete