Update Day 12 - Valkrey's Moon
Word Count = 1,237
The goal was two weeks for the outline and ten weeks to complete the first draft. So I'm slightly ahead of schedule. I'm already falling into the trap of writing, editing, writing, editing. The word count is sad, I think I've cut out half of what I've written.
Note to self: Quit worrying about the editing until the first draft is written. I mean it-- stop!

My library order arrived on Thursday. Stephen King on Writing and The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman will be gracing my coffee table for the next few days. I was writing page 5 of Valkrey's Moon when The First Five Pages arrived. How's that for timing?P.S. Lazy Writer:
All you need is the willingness to be labeled "writer," and with one word you are a writer.
--Noah Lukeman
Thanks Strange! I'll have to get that book. I'm so impressed by the progress you've made. I agree with you. Quit worrying about editing and just get the first draft done! Good luck. Talk to you when I get back in town. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWell done you! It's good to see you are thinking about editing too. It's so easy to hang onto every word.
ReplyDeleteGood luck
I have that book! But I've not read it all the way through. Someday.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the rest of the challenge!
Noah Lukeman's books are awesome. Don't forget to pick up, The Plot Thickens and A Dash of Style too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sending so much luck my way! It really motivates me knowing that my progress is being noted. I hit my daily target word count today. I don't usually write on the weekends but the poor ol cowpoke is out haying.lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tips quixotic! I just ordered A Dash of Style--should be educating--I so don't like the punctuation end of writing.
Hey Strange,
ReplyDeleteI am guessing you decided to unplug this week since you haven't posted in a while, but if you happen to be on, check out my post today. There's something for you! :)