I am going to attempt to ‘Write a Romance Novel in Three Months’ was the brash statement I made on July 7, 2009. Since I’m in for the penny… I’m also attempting to change my seat-of-the-pants writing ways, and start this novel with at least the semblance of an outline…
I removed my blog description ‘dancing through life in lime green crocks’ the other day. There comes a time in a woman’s life when she has to get firm with herself, grab the bull by the horns, and make a stand. No more silliness for me, I’m going to act like a professional writer.
I think it worked because---I DID IT! I WROTE AN OUTLINE FOR MY NEXT WIP! I swear I’m usually a little more modest than this but I.am.so.excited! No more dancing through life in lime green crocks for me—I’m jumping up and down.
Okay. Back to Earth. I stayed away from blogging today so I could finish the outline. But what is the first thing I see when I log back on? MeganRebekah has posted the 10k a day for writers challenge.
I intentionally left the first two and the last two chapters of my outline loose—with the intention of putting another day of thought into the beginning and the ending of my wip—but what the heck. I think I might just jump over there and join in.
Congratulations on finishing the outline. It sounds like you've made a lot of progress toward reaching your goal. I also joined Megan's challenge, but for only 5,000 words. We'll see if I get it done. I've got at least two baseball games to go to tomorrow, but I'm going to give it a try!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Outlines really do help. Sometimes. Good luck with the rest of the writing challenge!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That always feels so good to get something accomplished. :)
ReplyDeleteWoohoo, congrats on your outline! I can't seem to do those. I sort of write and stuff flows out.
ReplyDeleteLazy Writer: Thanks and good luck with your writing goal today. Hope you and slugger both score big!
ReplyDeleteNovice Writer Anonymous: Thanks! I think the outline is going to help keep me focused...
B.J. Anderson: Thank you! It absolutely does feel great!
Whispering Writer: Thank you and keep those words flowing!
Sounds like you are making some great progress!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your challenge! keep going I shall be back soon
ReplyDeleteSlugger had a little more luck than I did today. He went 2 for 2. (For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, that means my son got two hits out of two times at bat today.) Now, as for me, I haven't even started writing yet. I'm about to, though. Wish me luck! It sounds like you did great today.
ReplyDelete