I am going to attempt to ‘Write a Romance Novel in Three Months’ was the brash statement I made on July 7, 2009. Since I’m in for the penny… I’m also attempting to change my seat-of-the-pants writing ways, and start this novel with at least the semblance of an outline…
I’ve spent the last few days brainstorming, re-reading the outlining tips and hints I’ve collected, and printing out a handy five-foot long plotline. Plotting and outlining is a messy business. Disorganized stacks of papers are taking over my house.
My brain gets fuzzy when my house is cluttered. So today is the day I get out the broom, sweep everything into a nice pile, and organize all of those loose pages, sticky notes, and I hate to even admit this--scribbled on Kleenex’s.
That’s my goal for today.
Then I just have to: Decide on an opening scene, decide how the book will end, fill in the major turning points, and a few other little details like, theme, goals, motivations, etc, and write the actual novel.
One of the positives about this process is that I’m also making notes for my first wip. I’m beginning to see where the weak points are in that one. And as painful as this outlining process is for me, I will be repeating it when I go back and revise the first MS. That’s what I’m telling myself now anyway.
I can’t tell you how much fun this is. Really. Anyone interested in joining me in this little challenge?
Starting August 1 I'll be writing at a fever-pace for my WIP. We can do it! Good luck with the cleaning!
ReplyDeleteI might consider joining you, but not until the kids go back to school!
ReplyDeleteNovice Writer Anonymous: We CAN do it!
ReplyDeleteLazy Writer: I wish I would have waited until fall before I started this. Good choice!