Thursday, September 24, 2009

WiP Wednesday


Oops make that WiP Wednesday Thursday!

On July 7th I challenged myself to 'Write a Romance Novel in Three Months'— well a first draft anyway.


The days are passing with alarming speed--it's true--time waits for no man, woman, or writer--as the case may be. I haven't taken the time to write daily notes so here's a boring lovely chart of my daily word tallies.

September 16th - Zero Words
September 17th - 2130 Words
September 18th - 1,098 Words
September 19th - Zero Words
September 20th - 1,849 Words
September 21rst - 2,325 Words
September 22nd - 1,854 Words
September 23rd -1,765 Words
Total Words  = 11,021

Exciting stuff, eh! Bah. I feel as though I have no time for anything these days. I'm living for the day I write The End, and so looking forward to saying that I am in revision mode. My target completion date is October 6th, which leaves me twelve days to reach my 80,000 word goal.

The cowpoke is being very supportive, he took notes and made suggestions while I brainstormed the other night. I was excited about those notes, good stuff. I think anyway--I'll never really know for sure-- because.... 'The Blue Dog' ATE MY NOTES! The entire page--gone. I know it's classic. Beautiful. Has any of your writing ever 'gone to the dogs'?

22 comments:

  1. Ahhh, no the dog ate your notes.

    Sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh AT you. That's actually terrible news about your notes... I'm just thinking about my cat - and how she likes to eat paper, too - as well as cardboard - so I've learned the hard way that no document or box is safe in my house.

    Ah, Ruby, how I love thee regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Deb, I meant to also say... Good luck with your WIP! You still have time to make your deadline. Just make the cowpoke do most of the chores in the next two weeks. Teehee. Sorry, cowpoke.

    Also, I was thinking about our little acronym problem. What about ISAW? International Spousal Appreciation Week? The slogan could be - "I came, I saw, I conquered my novel - but I couldn't have done it without my loving spouse. Thanks, honey!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You are making huge progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post I remembered about my lost carol. It's not actually a carol, but another sort of traditional song for New Year's time. It was one known by my grandmother by heart, which I am sure has great folkloric value and which I wrote down and then lost. Next time I go to Romania, I am going to have to record her and write it down again. Before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're making a lot of progress. The dog hasn't eaten my notes, but my toddler has shredded them before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. quixotic-He did!

    Laura-No worries, it totally is funny--sad-- but funny :) Thanks for the luck. Not sure I'll make it but it ain't over til it's over.

    And ISAW sounds good to me. Hmm, I saw him doing the dishes, I saw him cooking, I saw him doing the laundry, I saw him cleaning the bathroom. Okay, now I'm slipping into a little dream world :)

    LW-Thanks!

    Lori-You'll definitely have to get that carol back down on paper. It would be terrible to lose it!

    FictionGroupie-Nice that we can laugh about their little hijinx! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb - I live in the same little dream world. Sigh. Oh, wait. Mine does get groceries and cook, so I shouldn't be too snarky. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, that's only 2K per day. That can be doable.

    Sorry about the notes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura-You are a lucky woman!

    NWA-Thanks! I'm still hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My writing has gone to coffee before. Does that count? Good luck on that 3 month goal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather-I'd say that definitely counts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer-Thanks for stoppin' by and I'm workin' on it! Oh, and thanks for the poke :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi DL-
    Oh how I long for the world "The End" too! I envy your successful schedule. GOOD LUCK!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stephanie-Thanks for stopping by and good luck to you as well! Writing those two words will be sweet indeed :) We'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Closer and closer. You're definitely determined...and that's what it takes. Sometimes just knowing we're going to have to post a total keeps us accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you're still plugging away, Deb! I'm rooting for you!

    I sure wish I was moving more quickly through this revision. If only I could really plunge into my second novel, but if I don't finish the revision of my first soon, my hubby might just blow a gasket!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stephanie-You're so right. I feel as though my updates are becoming a bore but they so help to keep me motivated...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laura-I'm still plugging and thanks. Give yourself a break woman, sounds to me like you have your hands full!!

    Keep chipping away--I'm really looking forward to reading Hollow Souls. Nine more days to hit my goal and then I'm free to beta read and revise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've fed thousands of words to the laptop trashcan - buh bye - even though people keep telling me to save things in case I need them later - well, even if I keep them, i never think to go back and look at them -and there are always more words....!

    So glad you are clipping along with your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Kat! You are of course 100% correct. I save my old words yet never look back at them. Onward and upward. And yes, always, always, there are more words.

    ReplyDelete