Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WiP Wednesday



Saturday September 12-2009 - Words written - 3,663   
I updated my WiP progress bar three times. At each interval I was prepared to call it a day--but thanks to well wishes and a couple of much needed pokes from fellow bloggers--I sat back down in my chair and continued to hack away at the keyboard. Much appreciated all! So that left me with 24 days ...

Sunday September 13-2009 - Words written -2,440
I was hovering around the half way point of my draft, so I spent some time checking my plot points. It felt great when my progress bar moved up over that 50% mark. 23 days to go.

Monday September 14-2009 - Words written - 3,174
22 days and counting...

Tuesday September 15-2009   Words Written - 1,874
Lower word count but that's okay, 1,800 is a more realistic daily target for me. And that leaves me with 21 days and a wee glimmer of hope that I can still hit my target completion date of October 6th.  (older writing challenge updates here)

Enjoy your day all. I am off on a necessary trip to town--to shop until I drop. Truly, I would rather be writing because ----> shopping is not my sport of choice.

16 comments:

  1. Yay! 57%!!!! Wahoo!!!!!

    Sounds like you're making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a site that may help you. I write in little bursts, ten minutes each. I set hourly goals, usually 2 pages an hour. So I sit down at the top of the hour and am not allowed to get up until I'm finished. Until I found this site, though, I tended to get easily distracted! This site forces you to keep writing. If you don't, it starts annoying you with horrid music and the page turning red...

    http://lab.drwicked.com/writeordie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of WPD you're hitting. Nice work.

    Stephanie, that application would destroy me b/c of the way I compose (write a scene, edit for flow, write some more), but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of progress :)

    Gah. I love shopping, but I cannot afford it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made a ton of progress! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! You're doing so well! It's fun to hear how other people stay motivated. Very cool that fellow bloggers inspired you to keep at it on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work! I'm so very proud of you. And Bane's right - impressive daily word count. Hemingway would be jealous.

    As for shopping, I'm with you. Never been a shopper - something's wrong with my X chromosome, methinks. Which is why I just sent Dan to the grocery store for me. He's such a sport - he's even willing to buy feminine products for me. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when I'm writing away and suddenly lift my head and hours have passed and I've written far more than I imagined I was going to write for far longer than I'd planned!

    You go on your progress! whoohooo!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, it is actually a toss up for me between the writing and the shopping. Well, no writing would win, but shopping comes a close second. Well done on all that writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NWA-Thanks for the big cheer!

    Janna- Many thanks and much appreciated!

    Stephanie-I’ll have to check that out. Not sure it would work for me—I might have to hurt my computer… :)

    Bane-Your style of writing sounds a little more regimented than mine—in a good way—I have severe ‘outliner’ envy.

    LT-I don’t suppose you’d be interested in doing my marathon grocery shops for me?

    Thanks LW :)

    Dawn- I so appreciate my bloggy cheers and pokes. There’s a common ground that we share that isn’t really understood by non-writers.

    Laura-LOL! The cowpokes a good sport too, although he does hate shopping as much as I do.

    Kathryn-Those are the days I live for. I’m often shocked when I come out of my ‘writing trance’ and look at the clock. Especially if I’m still in my bathrobe lol

    Tabitha-Don’t you just hate the ‘tough’ choices :)

    Thanks FictionGroupie!

    Thanks all for your great comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have set a great pace! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your momentum is fueling mine! Keep going! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Suzanne! Just checked in out of the blue and saw your comment--very cool and very timely. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete