Sunday, January 17, 2010

Plug and Unplug Week


Thanks for all of your helpful advice and encouraging comments this week!

I've got some new ideas sloshing around in my brain and it's time for me to pop the cork and spend some quality time with my revisions. I'll be partaking in B.J. Anderson's Unplug Week, which begins the third Monday of each month.

I'm still on a quest for those magical few lines that will describe my book. If you have your lines, or your blurb figured out, feel free to plug away in the comments section. I'd love to hear about your projects!

Hope you all have a productive and enjoyable week!

15 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great writing week and look forward to hearing about you progress and discoveries next week. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am horrible at writing this magical line. This is the description that my publisher came up with, which is far better than anything I could do: THE BALDERDASH SEMESTERS, the story of the downfall of an all-powerful clique, precipitated by the dark secret at the core of its members' popularity

    Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Virginia Kate Saga Continues ...that's all I got right now *laugh* ...

    Glad you are feeling positive and had a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul- Thanks and have a good week!

    Alissa- You have your line! And your book sounds awesome, looking forward to reading "The Balderdash Semesters" in 2011!

    Kat- I think that's all you need, lol! Looking forward to the release of "Tender Secrets"! (Coming out this year?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to you, Deb. I don't have the line, but I do have a title that I would like to use sometime in my lifetime, "Rubber Bands Around My Toes." Maybe if I write a memoir. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your unplugged week! I'll bet good money you come up with your line while brushing your teeth. That's when I tend to think up great stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about unplugged week. This is what I need; but I'd miss all of you so much! Dilemma ensuing...

    Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great writing week! I look forward to hearing what you produced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what, I don't think that the really good books can actually be reduced to one line. Think of the classics. Dostoievsky. A student kills an old lady and he repents. I don't know. Good luck with the editing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need an unplug week! I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing...just spinning my wheels. Hope you have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole question of blurbs and synopses and any summary of a 120,000 word work just gives me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck coming up with your lines! I liked Stephanie Thornton's tooth brushing comment! My ideas seem to hit in the shower or while folding laundry. I guess the key is cleaning something, anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just went through the "get some words to use" thing while doing the trailer for SG - finally, I just thought "set a mood, don't worry about the words so much - think of mood and 'theme' and such as that "

    ReplyDelete
  15. Checking in. Hope everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete