Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adventures of an Anobium Pertinax

I've read some great books during the month of January and, breaking a little away from my no review tradition, I'm adding a few comments under the guise of the little anobium pertinax. (bookworm!)  


The Transformation   By Catherine Chidgey more here

I love the cover art on this one! It took me two tries to get into the story, but Chidgey is a gifted writer, and once hooked I had to find out how it ended. Um, the review promises an "electrifying conclusion", but that may be stretching the excitement factor just a tad...


The House at Riverton   By Kate Morton  more here

A well written and finely woven mystery. The ending was a forehead smacker, loved it! Bet you will too.


An Echo in the Bone  By Diana Gabaldon more here  

What can I say - Jamie and Claire are back and soaking  up the 800+ pages was  no hardship!




Highland Angel  By Hannah Howell   more here

 If you're looking for light escapism - be warned that this one addresses some heartbreaking issues...   


Silver Flame  By Hannah Howell  more here

Enjoyed the read!



Midnight Awakening  By Lara Adrian  more here

Enjoyed the read!



  

The Fire in Fiction  By Donald Maass  here

Writing the Great American Romance  By Catherine Lanigan  more here

I haven't read these writing books from coverth to coverth yet. I'm jumping around and reading on a need to know basis. And I'm discovering that there's a lot that I need to know!

4 comments:

  1. That's a fairly impressive reading schedule, you've got, IMO. Reading 8 PBs in a month would be difficult for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bane- I was nursing a cold at the beginning of the month and I don't watch TV, so I had a lot of low energy time to kill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kate Morton book is on my pile. I'm off to move it to the top.

    ReplyDelete