Sunday, March 7, 2010

RGR Award Lottery


Hi ya'll! Welcome to the first ever Ranch Girl Ramblings Award Lottery. (RGRAL) If you've commented on my blog anytime between the first of January 2010 and now--you are in possession of a RGRAL ticket. I'm gonna grab a big 'ol hat, toss all your names in, and have the cowpoke draw some lucky winners. 


Many thanks to Al at Publish or Perish for rewarding me with the Prolific Blogger Award. I enjoy Al's posts and his awesome photos depicting his life down under. 

The rules of this award are:
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to This Post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners.

And the winners of the Prolific Blogger Award are:

L.T. at  Quest:Published
B.J. at  B.J. Anderson
Jarmara at  A Mission Impossible for the Nightwriter
Diane at That's What I'm Here For
Diggestive at Writing about everything and a few lists
Whispering Writer at Airing My Dirty Laundry One Sock At A Time
Fragrant Liar at Fragrant Liar




Thanks to the fabulous Tamika at The Write Worship for gifting me with the Butterfly Award. Tamika spins beauty and thought into her words, making her blog a wonderful place to stop for a visit.


And the Butterfly Award goes to:

Tabitha at Through My Eyes
Linda at Writing Out West
Bane at Bane's Blogging Blues
Bridget at J.B. Chicoine-Unsupervised & At Large
Angie at Notes From the Writing Chair
Stacey at Stacey's Respite
Kat at Virginia Kate Sagas


I'd like to thank the 'Poke and his hat for acting as my random generator.

Can anyone come up with names for the characters in the massive hats? I have a few ideas for the gal, she like - totally owns that large tacky hat. But I'm having a serious Where's Waldo moment with the guy here.

They say to avoid stereotypical characters, and he does boast a style all his own... yet I'm sensing a fail here.

Let's say you witnessed this guy commiting a crime. (Other than the glaringly obvious fashion offense) How would you describe him to the authorities? Come on, give it a shot.

Photo credits: Guy in Hat    Gal in Hat   

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your awards! I'm not sure about a name for the guy. He's certainly an interesting character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are very pretty -- thank you. And I'm guessing those hats wouldn't make it through airport security.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Dare I admit... as a young teen, I owned a foam hat much like those. *hangs head in embarrassment* It was fun for a time. :)

    Hmm. The guy? Slappy McSheriff, the, um, male dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks for the award, Deb! And congrats on getting so many. I don't have a clever name for the guy, either, but I LOVE the name Janna came up with, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the winners! As for big-hatted guy - you don't think he's compensating, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your awards and the new awardees.

    No names for the hat people, but don't you wonder what their kids would look like if they got together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the big hats!

    Congratulations Deb- you are a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He certainly is SUSAN, he certainly is! Good to see you out and about :)

    Oh yes, and you're most welcome BANE :D I was thinking those hats possessed certain aerodynamic qualities. Good point on airport security - they just scream the B word on every conceivable level lol

    JANNA I love that you had a fun hat like that, and for giving us Slappy McSheriff the male dancer, you just earned a giant silver star to pin on the memory of it :)

    L.T.- I'm lovin' it too :D

    That is hilarious ELSPETH! And more than likely true. Ha!

    Oh no DEB, I don't even want to imagine that LOL!!

    Here's to big hats TAMIKA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you and all the winners!

    As for that guy I would tell the cops he looked like Donny Osmond in a phallic looking hat with a big shiny star of David on it. I'm sure they would apprehend him in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Thank you so much I love that award

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, those hats are just embarrassing; the girls sort of pulls it off, but that guy--well, I can't even make eye contact...

    ...honestly, you must be the queen of awards! Thanks for the bequeathment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...and you do realize that with your avatar at the top of the page you, kinda look clumped in with them...if I were you, I'd quick put up another post...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alissa- Haha! Donny Osmond was my first impression.

    You're welcome DIGGESTIVE and you are a prolific blogger!

    Bridget- I know, I know, I was actually wondering if anyone would point that out :D

    ReplyDelete