My new favourite thing for holiday company weekends is breakfast pizza. Yummy and easy to adapt, in order to cater to
Breakfast Pizza
Pizza Dough (makes one crust)
1 c. lukewarm water
1 1/2 tsps yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
2 1/2 - 3 c. flour
olive oil
1) Put water in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with yeast, and stir in sugar until everything dissolves.
2) Whisk to stir in salt and flour until it gets too thick and then finish mixing with your hand. Knead for 5 min.
3) Brush a little olive oil over the dough, cover, and let rise in a warm place, for an hour.
While that's happening start prepping your toppings. Grease your pans, I like to sprinkle on some cornmeal, and when the doughs ready, roll it out and start creating your breakfast masterpiece.
Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
You can make it fresh or make it up ahead, freeze it, and warm up the made-to-order slices as the sleepy heads stumble out of bed.
On my section: I like scrambled eggs, spicy sausage, chunks of turkey (white meat) green onions, black olives, fresh tomatoes and, ahem, brocolli (previously steamed), and to top it off a mixture of cheddar and mozza. I wonder what some of that lovely sage stuffing and a bit of that leftover yam would taste like on there? I think I'll try that next time. Oh, and maybe some ham and meatballs...
Happy Thanksgiving all! So, what would you like on your section of the breakfast pizza?

Sounds yummy (and, in all honesty, something I'd probably prefer over turkey :)
ReplyDeleteThis would be a large, large hit in my household. Thanks, Deb!
ReplyDeleteElspeth
Bane-Me too. But I do love all of the things that come with the turkey dinner, oh, and the abundant leftovers--no major cooking for me for a few days. Whoo hoo!
ReplyDeleteElspeth-It goes over pretty big around here, I highly recommend it. Especially the cooking it ahead and pulling it out of the freezer Xmas morning :)
Sorry, I don't do meat...;-) Oh, I'm what you call a fussyeater.lol. So mine's the one without Please.
ReplyDeleteJarmara- Oops! Sorry for lumping all the diets together LOL! But I seem to have a broad array to cook for at times, including vegetarians, dieters, folks with allergies, and some genuinely "fussy eaters" :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not in fact a fussy eater. Much to my chagrin. ;-)
ReplyDeleteSo, I'd like one with everything please (except, maybe, pineapple)... your pizzas remind me of my hubby's. He makes little gourmet pizzas on pita bread and piles 'em high with toppings - so good!
But I'm pretty traditional when it comes to Thanksgiving. Today, at Dad's, we had turkey, oyster stuffing (very Louisianian), shrimp-merliton casserole, green bean-artichoke casserole, sweet potato souffle, cranberry sauce, and three kinds of pie... It was yummy and nap-inducing.
Course, Dan (aka, Mr. Potato Head) missed his mashed potatoes and gravy. Poor little guy. :-(
Well, Deb, even if you didn't celebrate today, I'd still like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for your crazy self!
I am going to have to try that recipe! Mmmmmm
ReplyDeleteThat does sound delicious. Never thought of breakfast pizza myself. I usually consider breakfast food what can us done in 15 minutes max. But yeah, in holidays, I might reconsider. Especially for a pizza.
ReplyDeleteI'll take the sausage...yum! Wish I'd had this one this morning!!
ReplyDeleteLaura- What a meal! Mmmm,you guys eat good! The guys around here would miss the spuds and gravy too, so Dan is not alone. I'm going to have to remember to get some pita bread and make some of those little pita pizza's. You've got me thinking about food again :) Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving and ditto for crazy ol' you!
ReplyDeletequixotic-You should definitely try it out!
Lori-We're not usually huge breakfast eaters either. Honestly, I do things like the pizza when I'm having company because I can make them up ahead, and not have to get up and cook in the mornings. So, it's actually easier :)
colbymarshall-Good choice and I wish I'd had some made up for this morning too :) Thanks for stoppin' by!
ReplyDeleteEven your recipes are well written. BRAVO.
ReplyDeleteThanks Suzy!
ReplyDeleteOh yum! Must try it! I like pizza any time of day. It really is the perfect food, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteAngie-You're right-that's what it is-the perfect food. It's even good cold, can't beat that!
ReplyDeleteI would be the one doing a meat-free section of pizza, but I do love spicy things. I've spent the past couple of days suffering through bland New England "traditional" American food and am craving something spicy.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds wonderful. Pretty cool to get to have two days a year dedicated to gratitude and great food and family.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds delish. Thanks for sharing it. Hmm, now I'm hungry.
ReplyDelete