Friday, June 19, 2009

This Better Be Good Fred!

I woke up early this morning, the blurb for my second novel running through my brain.

I groaned.

Desperately I tried to keep it rolling. Please, just a little longer! It started to fade.

I groaned.

The cowpoke groaned. “What is it?”

“I’ve got the blurb for Valkrey’s Moon. No pen, no paper.”

“Get up! Go now!” He says, suddenly on full alert.

Sigh. He knows I usually lose those sparkling early morning gems.

So up I get to scribble down the main points, on the back of - a castoff piece of writing. Now where did that come from? Toss. Onward and upward.

I love my sub-conscious. Feeding it random thoughts and ideas as I float off into dreamland. Letting good old ‘Fred in my head’ process the info while I sleep. Waking up inspired. Sometimes.

Conversely, last night I was mentally composing the synopsis for Mark of the Flame as I drifted off. I think ‘Fred in my head’ is trying to tell me something.

Sorry Flame. I guess you’re simmering on the back burner for a while longer.

This better be good Fred!

3 comments:

  1. LoL, Gotta love those early morning wake up's from the muse. Get yourself a notebook and keep it under your pillow, on your nightstand, or on the ground below the bed. That way you are never too far from writing it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quixotic: Yeah I have a love hate relationship with Fred, lol. Excellent advice on the notebook. I've got to learn to put it back after I use it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when that happens. On my trip to Omaha, I woke up a couple of times with ideas, and by the time I found a pen and paper, the ideas were gone! Urrgh! Maybe they'll come back to me.

    ReplyDelete