Saturday, February 27, 2010

My "Tattoo"

This weekend is Twitter Tattoo Avatar Weekend. I read about it over at Donna's place and followed the link to Simon's place to see what it was all about.  

I don't Twitter and I don't have a tattoo but the game also provides the option of posting a photo of a tattoo that you'd like to have. Huh. I don't actually have one of those either, but I did have a temporary henna or mehndi "tattoo" once.. 


Mehndi is a great way to have the tattoo experience without the permanence of the real thing. Not to mention the pain. Not that I'm afraid of a little pain or anything. *scoffs*

Do any of your characters have tattoos? Do you?

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I've never even thought of getting tatooed--guess I like my art on canvas and paper...yours looks very Egyptian.
    and none of my characters have tatoos either, although I suppose old Buck who used to be in the navy probably does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! It's the Eye of Horus! That's totally awesome!

    I think if I got a tattoo it would be something small and Egyptian. But I hate needles so that's never, ever going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working out the kinks on twitter. Interesting idea having a tattoo avatar. I like that tattoo in the pic though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an idea! I never thought about giving my characters a tattoo... Maybe it something to think about for the next novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridget- Yeah, Buck probably has one, he may have forgotten though :)

    Stephanie- I thought you might like this one, lol. It was way too big for my tastes but I volunteered to let a young girl practice her mehndi on me. I picked the image and let her go from there. The henna fades out over a few weeks. It was fun while it lasted!

    Katie- I haven't ventured anywhere near Twitter. Good luck working out the kinks!

    Jarmara- One of my characters has a tattoo that I'm using as a clue to a link from his past.

    I think the disappearing henna tattoo could have a lot of potential...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, on both counts. I think I'm too fickle to pick with just one tattoo that I would be stuck with forever. Temporary is definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture! No tattoos anywhere in my life except on everyone but me in yoga class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No tats here, but I think I'd go for an hieroglyphs or maybe something Cyrillic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no tattoos. I had an ex-navy relative, he had a couple of tattoos that he hated. I guess that shaped my opinion of them.
    Hmm you have just made me have to do some research. One of the characters in my WIP is Royal Navy, but he's an officer. I haven't thought of tatts for him, now I am going to have to check if RN officers had tattoos in the 1940s (enlisted men certainly did).

    Al

    Publish or Perish

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my characters has a tattoo. He is a group home counselor and has tattoos of snakes on both arms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope. Have nothing against them though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alissa- My stipulations are that it would have to be something with a lot of meaning and that I`d be able to live with it forever...

    Deb- There are a lot of tattoos out there!

    Bane- I like some of the Celtic ones I`ve seen..symbols are cool

    Al- That`s something I`d be interested in knowing. One of my several times great grandfathers was a commander in the RN.

    Paul- That sounds realistic to me.

    Angie- It`s a personal thing, I like some I`ve seen...but not all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this tattoo!! That's very cool. :D I like the idea of a non-permanent tattoo. I have a real one. And I like it. :D

    ReplyDelete