Project GO started out as a nice little walk down memory lane but I'm beginning to view my scanner with fear and loathing. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. With wildfire season lurking on the horizon I'll find some peace of mind in knowing that I can grab a couple of jump drives and keep my memories safely tucked away in my pocket.
May 7/10 - Wow, time flies when you're having fun. Yay, I finished scanning my albums. That's the good news. The bad news is that some anal retentive demon has possessed me and I'm re-organizing and co-ordinating all of my albums and genealogy files... I'll spare you the gory details.
Just wanted to check in, I haven't written a word on my blog break, but all is well. Miss you guys!
All you Moms out there enjoy your day Sunday! I'm heading out tonight to visit the ranch we used to live on, do a little rock hounding, and soak up the sights.
The light green patch to the left is where our old house is, this shot is taken from across the muddy mighty Fraser River. It takes about and hour and half to get there from this point.
The town of Lillooet - getting closer, a quick drive through town and then we'll start the climb up the switchbacks and backtrack along the river to reach the ranch.
The Pub in Lilloett. As far as I know it's still within the boundries of the law to drink and ride... Not that I personally have of course.
Confluence of the Bridge and Fraser Rivers. Taken from the single lane bridge.
The cut on the left side hill is part of the 45km final stretch of the narrow, winding, dirt road to the ranch. It's a bit of an adventure in the winter when it's a sheet of ice.. Did I mention it was also an active logging road?
Me on a hike, rounding up miscreant yearlings out on an illicit alfalfa run.
I'm hoping to round up a few more of these beauties to grace my window sill. Have a great weekend all!
P.S. Phone your Mum.






Glad to hear from you! I was wondering how things were going with you. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures! Glad to see you around the blogosphere again.
ReplyDeleteThank you for letting us know you haven't forgotten us. Great pictures, Deb.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to read your words again. I love the pictures, especially for some reason the last one.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I was starting to get worried about you. Glad you checked in, and it sounds like things are going good. Can't wait till you come back permanently! :)
ReplyDeleteThe pic with the water is amazing, like it just disappears. Where is this?
ReplyDeleteGasp!! Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and welcome back
ReplyDeleteI live in Australia but those great photos wet my appitite for travelling your way.
ReplyDeleteSince you're into books, you might be interested in taking a look at ch1 of at my new YA fantasy,novel, 'Lethal Inheritance’. You’ll find it at
http://publishersearch.wordpress.com/lethal-inheritance/
The blog part of the site on the home page is about my journey to publication, including posts on aspects of writing, publishing and being a writer. You might enjoy it.
Nice photos! But where, oh, where have you gone to, my dear Ranch Girl? Do you have a new blog that I don't know about? Sniff, sniff.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Boy, I went away from the blogosphere for a couple months and felt really bad about it. But, now that I'm back, I've discovered that I'm not the only one. LOL!
Wow - serious blog neglect - I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteHoping to be back soon.
P.S. No new blog Laura, simply a case of life-interuptus...
Hmmm... is that a word J.B.?
Okay, Deb! I know you are alive, and so glad to hear it. I hope you post soon. I miss your entertaining, yet thought provoking words of ranchgirl wisdom. :) Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteHi Deb,
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful pictures. Now, what I'd like to know is whether you have moved to a new location since last I visited. You said that the green patch was where you used to live; was that a semi-recent Used-To? I must say, you are surrounded by beauty at every turn.
~ Yaya
Hi, Deb! Just checking in to see how you're doing. I hope all is well. :)
ReplyDelete